Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjamesking
Creator
Creator

Master dimension colors not working?

Hi,

Using Qlik Sense Desktop 2018 (Patch 0)

I have a master dimension which I have clicked on the value colors and assigned some colors, and saved.

I then have 2 simple charts, one pie, one bar, with the master dimension and a simple SUM(Value) measure.

Both charts have Custom color, by dimension with the master dimension chosen and library colors ticked.

The charts are using different colors for the same values of the master dimensions?

Anyone else seen this?

Cheers

Matt

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mjamesking
Creator
Creator
Author

Strangely, this is now working. If i drop the master dimension onto the visualization and select - Color by, it works. If I don't do this, but select to color by the dimension from the chart options it doesn't. Weird.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
mjamesking
Creator
Creator
Author

Strangely, this is now working. If i drop the master dimension onto the visualization and select - Color by, it works. If I don't do this, but select to color by the dimension from the chart options it doesn't. Weird.

wade12
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

thanks for sharing this matt.

andrejfreitas
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Same happens to me.  I am using June 2019 version.

Thanks for sharing it.

ashtromberg
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem - also tried color by expression with reference to the same master dimension, does not work. Building other charts with that master dimension works correctly, so there is no problem with associations between the tables.  June 2019 version.