Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
w0jt4z
Contributor III
Contributor III

Multilanguage for Column Name

Hi Everyone,
I try find a solution for my little problem. I want to translate Column name. All of problem concerns translation for Values. I want to translate Column, for example I Have Columns: Sales, Quantity. On the app I want to translate it, For example English Country, City , in Polish it is Kraj, Miasto. I have separeted table for this names, but I can't to relate it with column name, only with a Values. I have table with geo data, for example, Country, City, etc. The value is for example USA, England and for the City NYC, London. I don't want translate this Values, just Column Names. How can I do that? I know I can write the condition with just string, if 'English then Country, If Polish then Kraj', but I have many, many columns to translate and I don't want to do it this way.
Anyone can help me?

1 Solution
3 Replies
w0jt4z
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Doesn't work 😞 Maybe I did something wrong. But I tried to do it in another way.
I did something like that:

AttributesTranslation:
LOAD
AttributeId as Index,
"1" AS Polish,
"2" AS English
FROM [lib://QVD_Generator (win-f2om7p4maoo_followup)/Transformed/AttributeTranslations.qvd]
(qvd);

On the app I added variable input with variable vLanguage and values English and Polish. On my dimension Label I wrote:
=Only({<Index = 1>} $(vLanguage))

It doens't work too, i had "-" in header, but I thing it may be good way, because the variable is changin'. (On the screenshot).

Maybe it is because of changin' names AttributeId as Index, 1 as Polish, 2 as English?

w0jt4z_0-1589798311409.png

w0jt4z
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Ok, I got it. I didn't have the table with languages. So that solution is correct, thank You! 🙂