Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamGardner
Contributor III
Contributor III

Multiple Colours for Chart Expressions

Hi All, 

I am building several different apps where I want to display various metrics that belong to different areas. These areas all have their own set of colour associated with them, a type of brand recognition. 

Normally if it was one measure I would just use an if statement, saying if Dept a use RGB(20,500,00) if Dept b use RGB(100,200,10) etc. 

However with charts with multiple measures I use custom colours with Hex codes in the chart i.e. ='#00504c,#54670,#11211'.

Is there any way to combine them both, so that if an end user selects dept A on a filter the metrics will adjust the colour code to that dept for easy recognition.

Thanks, I've not seen this before and I am fully expecting it to be a "nope" but thought I would ask in the hope. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
brunobertels
Master
Master

Hi 

May be regarding this questions : 

Is there any way to combine them both, so that if an end user selects dept A on a filter the metrics will adjust the colour code to that dept for easy recognition.

somethink like that in color dode panel : 

If(getfieldselection(Dept)='A', colorcodefordeptA, if(getfieldselection(Dept)=B,colorcodefordeptB)) etc 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
brunobertels
Master
Master

Hi 

May be regarding this questions : 

somethink like that in color dode panel : 

If(getfieldselection(Dept)='A', colorcodefordeptA, if(getfieldselection(Dept)=B,colorcodefordeptB)) etc 

JamGardner
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Amazing, Thanks!