Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nemo1
Creator II
Creator II

My map chart is only taking into account some cities of my list

Hello dear community, 

I have the following problem.

I created a simple excel table that groups some abbreviations with cities. So for example, we one column shows for example "NY" ,  " SF", "MO" and the other column shows "New York", "San Francisco" and "Montgomery".

The thing is, my map is only taking some of these cities while ignoring others, no matter the size of this city, for instance is recognizing Cheyenne but not San Diego. 

What is going on?

how can I solve this?

I know there is a Qlik Sense feature for geolocations.. i have not used it yet in my life, i thought this would be easier.

thanks for the insights!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
theoat
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Make sure you spell cities.
I tried to place 7 cities on the map, including San Diego, and it worked.
To do, cities (ex: San Diego) in field and field location.
Choose the extent of the custom locations, assign the location type "City, place", and in Country add "US" (first administrative region). You can add the States field in the second administrative region if you have.

Sincerely,
Théo ATRAGIE.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
theoat
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Make sure you spell cities.
I tried to place 7 cities on the map, including San Diego, and it worked.
To do, cities (ex: San Diego) in field and field location.
Choose the extent of the custom locations, assign the location type "City, place", and in Country add "US" (first administrative region). You can add the States field in the second administrative region if you have.

Sincerely,
Théo ATRAGIE.

Nemo1
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hey Theo.. thanks, it did work!!