Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samanehsorournejad

Nested IF

Hi Every body,

I want try to write the nested if with this Conditions:

if just column [DWH:Pentaho Abbruch]=1 then 'Pentaho' else if column [DWH:Qlikview Abbruch]=1 then 'Qlikeview'

else if both of them are equal 1 then 'Pentaho and Qlik View'. I had write this formula but I could not understand what is my Fault. it gives me Error.

If( [DWH:
Pentaho Abbruch]=1, 'Pentaho',if([DWH:
Qlikview Abbruch]=1,'Qlikeview',if([DWH:
Pentaho Abbruch]=1 and [RZV:
Qlikview Abbruch]=1, 'Pentaho and Qlik View')))

Please help me 😞

Labels (1)
11 Replies
Samanehsorournejad
Author

Hi again Vineeth ,

just another question, I don't Know exactly when I should write the Formula as Measure and when I should write it as Dimension?

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

any fields that you would use aggregations functions such as Sum(), Count(), max(), min(), rangesum() etc ….

are your measures

Dimensions are what you would group your measures by

for examples sum(Sales) by Country

So country is a dimension and sum(Sales) is your measure

• Dimensions contain qualitative values (such as names, dates, or geographical data). You can use dimensions to categorize, segment, and reveal the details in your data. Dimensions affect the level of detail in the view.

• Measures contain numeric, quantitative values that you can measure. Measures can be aggregated. When you drag a measure into the view, Tableau applies an aggregation to that measure (by default).

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2022/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/Aggregatio....

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.