Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pabloviera
Creator
Creator

Nested ifs in Editor = Big CPU & Memory usage

Hi,

has anyone noticed in recent versións of Qlik Sense a big spike in memory and cpu (In your computer not the server) when you click on a section that has nested ifs?

Usually you can keep working with one editor tab but, if you open a second one with the same issue, the browser will definitely hang and end up crashing.

Happens in Windows10, 7 or Server.

Also in any browser: Chrome, Firefox, Edge

Regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pabloviera
Creator
Creator
Author

In case somebody finds this thread through search, starting from Qlik Sense April or June 2018, they added some kind of control that disables syntax highlighting when the memory usage would become too high.
Looks like I was onto something.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
pabloviera
Creator
Creator
Author

This is still happening in Qlik Sense November 2017 patch 1.

The memory usage of the browser skyrockets as you click through the sections of the Data Load editor.

Qlik tabs crash 100% of the time a few minutes after you open a second Data Load Editor.

Can't believe nobody has experienced something similar as it has happened to me in multiple computers

Regards

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Can you share with us how the nested if looks like?

silvacarlos
Creator II
Creator II

Give us more information, can you show your nested if?

pabloviera
Creator
Creator
Author

In case somebody finds this thread through search, starting from Qlik Sense April or June 2018, they added some kind of control that disables syntax highlighting when the memory usage would become too high.
Looks like I was onto something.