Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Caique_Zaniolo
Employee
Employee

New Advanced Authoring features in Qlik Sense September 2018

Qlik Sense September 2018 introduces a set of new authoring capabilities.

https://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikproductinnovation/2018/09/28/one-day-in-a-life-of-a-dashboard-d...

Let us know what you think about them.

Default Bookmarks

Qlik Sense applications can now have a starting selection, a bookmark can be set as default which is applied when the application is opened.

Assign Gradient colors to Master Items' measures

Master measure items can now be customized with color scales or gradients for showing sales in gradients of green or status with red/yellow/green, a convenient alternative to custom color expressions.

Custom Sheet Size

Gives users more control over sheet size and responsive behavior, controlling sheet width and height in pixels

Conditional columns on Pivot Tables

Similar to what was previously only possible in Table objects, Pivot Table columns can be shown/hidden based on a condition expression

Touch Screen mode

Enabled the user to control how the Qlik Sense client behaves when using it from a hybrid device (a device that supports both touch and mouse input events), allowing better control for touchscreen devices such as more space in Pivot tables for finger interactions.

Expression Editor Improvements

The second phase of improvements on the Expression editor:

• Help: when active allows a direct link to the Qlik Sense Help page from expression functions
  • Categories: Restructured function categorization
  • Search: enables search for field names, functions and variables
Labels (1)
3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

All improvements and functionalities are welcome and very usefull.

One of the features i would like to focus on in my comment below is "default bookmarks" capability.

It is a great first step, but it has some drawbacks. My main issue with using default bookmark approach is that it is static (for example it does not allow me to set a max selection on a date or month field). I know that as a workaround i can flag my records and use flag in a bookmark but it is not fully functional solution, and it is not a use case  want to focus on.

Very often we use "Always one selected value" to set point of reference in time. With this functionality using default bookmark selection makes it impossible to set the max on the always selected field as its selection will be always part of the bookmark - therefore will contain value set when bookmark was created.

I reckon it would be great if the "Trigger" functionality to set initial selections could be based on formulas or variables and could be more dyncamic.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Caique_Zaniolo
Employee
Employee
Author

Hi Lech,

It is very helpful for us to understand how these features are used and what customers expect from them.
Thank you for your feedback!

With Default Bookmarks you can have dynamic selections.
Bookmarks are stored based on your current selections, and that can be a search expression.
For example, your date field can have a selection using an expression like this one:
=SomeDate.autoCalendar.YearMonth=MonthName(Now())
When you store a bookmark with that selection, it will evaluate the data everytime applying it.

Christof Schwarz made a great video on this.
Qlik Sense Dynamic Default Bookmark Selection On Open - YouTube

We do have Triggers on the roadmap, stay tuned!

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Caique, this is an important step. I was not aware that bookmark will evaluate search string when applied each time.
Thanks for the hint!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.