Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pgloc2020
Creator
Creator

No errors but not getting any results in KPI

Hello all,

I have to count claims based on the following conditions in the KPI. I have used the following expression, it did not display any error but it did not display any counts on the front end. 

Count({< TYPE = {'Sound Recording'}, DECISION = {'Approved', 'Rejected'}, CREATED_YEAR = {"<= 1972"} >} CLAIM_NUM)

or

Count({< TYPE = {'Sound Recording'}, DECISION = {'Approved', 'Rejected'}, CREATED_YEAR = {"<= '1972' "} >} CLAIM_NUM)

What I am missing here.

'Created Year" column has just "Years" in it and it is listed as VARCHAR in the database.

Thank you all in advance. 

Labels (1)
6 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If you replicate these selections in the App manually using filters, does a simple Count(CLAIM_NUM) return anything?

-Rob

pgloc2020
Creator
Creator
Author

In order to count  <= 1970, user has to select so many years. Using manual filters option might not be feasible option. I am getting correct counts when I use 

Count({< TYPE = {'Sound Recording'}, DECISION = {'Approved', 'Rejected'} >} CLAIM_NUM)

but I have to count all the claims from <= 1972 and using that in the expression, I am not getting any data in the KPI. I have a feeling because Created Year is listed as a VARCHAR, I need to convert it into the numbers in order to use < and = . 

Is there any way I can filter the whole data within the Load statement so that it will load only 1972 and prior to that records only? 

RamanaKumarChintalapati
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi @pgloc2020 ,

Hey here you can use below where condition in Data Load editor Script

MyTable:
LOAD * FROM ...MySource...
WHERE Year(MyDateStampField) >= 1972;

Hope it will help you!!!

Thanks!!!! 

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I did not mean for you to have the user select all the years. I was suggesting the manual selections for you only as a way to test that your set expression should return some data. 

You should simulate the YEAR modifier by typing <=1970 in the YEAR filter (a numeric search, see https://community.qlik.com/t5/Design/Qlik-Sense-Cheat-Sheet-version-2-0/ba-p/1667455)

-Rob

pgloc2020
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

I tried as you mentioned in the Load statement, but no data is displaying on the sheet. It is coming as blank.

where Year([CREATED_YEAR])<= 1972;

pgloc2020
Creator
Creator
Author

My updates- I got the answer. Here's what I did

In the load statement I used num#([CREATED_YEAR],'####') as [CREATED_YEAR] and it converted the data (4 digit) into the numbers leaving bad data as string. 

In the set analysis I used the following which gives me the correct counts

Count({< TYPE = {'Sound Recording'}, DECISION = {'Approved', 'Rejected'}, CREATED_YEAR ={"<=1972"} >} CLAIM_NUM)

Following link helped me to get the answer-

https://www.datameer.com/blog/greater-than-less-than-and-dates-in-qlik-set-analysis/