Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gadwinjer
Partner - Contributor III

No time value from a DateTime field

Hello,

I'm working on Qlik Sense 3.1 RC2 (and my bug also occured on 3.1 RC1). I worked on some other versions and didn't have this bug :

When I load my data from a SQLite file (using ODBC) or from a CSV file, I can not extract time from my datetime fields (format : MM/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss).

I tried these in the loader :
- right(field, 😎 as fieldname => only date number value is retrieve (42000...)

- date(field, 'hh:mm:ss') => 00:00:00

I never had this kind of bug. I tried to reinstall (that's why I tested it on RC1 and RC2 of 3.1 version) and it didn't change anything.

Is it a bug or does something has changed ?

8 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

did you try this in script?

Load *,

Date(Date#(YourDateField,' MM/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss'),'hh:mm:ss') as new date

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

You can use something like below..

Date(Floor(TimeStamp#(YourDateTimeField,'DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm:ss'))) as Date,

Time(Frac(TimeStamp#(YourDateTimeField,'DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm:ss'))) as Time

Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you're using a csv file then use the date#, time# and/or timestamp# functions to convert strings into date, time or timestamps.

If you're using an SQLite datebase then you'll be working with numbers, not strings. Using string functions like right on a number can give funny results if you don't know what numbers you're dealing with. Time(field,'hh:mm:ss') should show you the time of the datetime value. Time(Frac(field),'hh:mm:ss') will first remove the date part and only work with the time part.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
gadwinjer
Author

Hello, thank you to try to help me .

I tried all solutions you all told with no success, I only get null values from the time field. (or DD/MM/YYYY 00:00:00 from the date).

From the CSV, I'm confused because it wasn't a bug, the extract we gave me only had date value from the datetime field.

From the SQLite file... I don't know what to do. Here is an example of value from this field : 2016-11-27 01:00:13 . none of your solutions bring me more that 00:00:00 or null value...

I will edit a csv file with a datetime value structured like the sqlite field to see if I can do something with it...

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Date(Floor(TimeStamp#(YourDateTimeField,'YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss'))) as Date,

Time(Frac(TimeStamp#(YourDateTimeField,'YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss'))) as Time

gadwinjer
Author

Hello, thank you but I already tried your answer...

Date(Floor(TimeStamp#(SUBMISSIONDATE,'YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss'))) as SUBMISSIONDATE,

Time(Frac(TimeStamp#(SUBMISSIONDATE,'YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss'))) as SUBMISSIONTIME,
And from both, I retrieve null value.

Without surprise, everything work fine with the CSV file. I think my problem comes from the odbc driver... I will try with JDBC and the qlik JDBC connector.

gadwinjer
Author

I won't be able to test on JDBC unfortunately. So I exported my sqlite database as CSV file with DB Browser for SQLite and, as expected, everything work fine now...

Does anybody already got this issue with SQLite using ODBC ?

Thank you for your concern

gadwinjer
Author

Finally, I solved my problem by spliting the date in the SQL select statement :

SQL SELECT

substr(myDate, 0, 11) as myDate, // yyyy-MM-dd

substr(myDate, 12,19) as myTime, // hh:mm:ss
FROM
     myTable

myTime contains the correct value of the time of my SQLite date field.