Qlik Community

Ask a Question

App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
Support Cases coming to Qlik Community Oct. 4! Start chats, open cases, explore resources. READ DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ejosowitz
Contributor
Contributor

ODAG QlikSense how to force a variable to populate

I'm creating a Selector app for an ODAG dashboard in QlikSense and haven't figured out how to force a variable to be passed to the Viewer app.

I'm connecting to SQL database sources and in the Selector I am narrowing down an [item] table and want someone to be able to select by a Type variable. In the [item] table the type is represented by a type_code which is a key to a [type] table that contains type_code, type_description.

In the Selector app I want to include a filter pane that shows type_description, but its type_code that I need sent to the Viewer app. Its a lot of data so to have do a string parse on type_description in the Viewer is much slower than querying on the index-optimized type_code.

When I create the scenario above, ODAG wants to only send type_description, because that is what is being selected. How can I force it to also send (the correct) type_code?

Labels (2)
1 Reply
ejosowitz
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Still looking for a solution to this issue!