Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jerryr125
Creator III
Creator III

Obtain the latest Year - Sum Quantity Sold

Hi - I am trying to create a variable that does the following:

• Data contains Sales Date for the past four years (2016 - 2019) and the quantity sold
  • I would like have a variable which calculates the sum of the quantity sold for the most recent year (hence 2019)

Table fields:

SalesDate

QuantitySold

Variable:

vYearMaxQuantitySold:

=Sum({$<[SalesDate.autoCalendar.Year] = {$(=max([SalesDate.autoCalendar.Year]))}>}[QuantitySold])

I try the formula above - does not work - any thoughts ? Jerry

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MayilVahanan

Hi @jerryr125 

Try like this

vYearMaxQuantitySold

Sum({$<[SalesDate.autoCalendar.Year] = {$(=max([SalesDate.autoCalendar.Year]))}>}[QuantitySold])

And use in the chart like $(vYearMaxQuantitySold)

In the variable declaration, don't use = sign. Then it calculated the value n store in the variable. So if u use the variable in the chart, result might be wrong.

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Variable:

vYearMaxQuantitySold =max([SalesDate.autoCalendar.Year])

=Sum({$<[SalesDate.autoCalendar.Year] = {$(vYearMaxQuantitySold)}>}[QuantitySold])

MayilVahanan

Hi @jerryr125 

Try like this

vYearMaxQuantitySold

Sum({$<[SalesDate.autoCalendar.Year] = {$(=max([SalesDate.autoCalendar.Year]))}>}[QuantitySold])

And use in the chart like $(vYearMaxQuantitySold)

In the variable declaration, don't use = sign. Then it calculated the value n store in the variable. So if u use the variable in the chart, result might be wrong.

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.