cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matt
Contributor III
Contributor III

Other values in bar chart

Hi, I created a bar chart with the Others expression. On the dimension limit tab I chose to show only the largest 3 values.

1.PNG

When I click on the Others now, I get again the largest 3 values (2 plus Others) and again, again..

All I wanted to show was the top 3 values (which I got),but when I click on Others I want to show all left values and not again top 3 (from the left). Is it possible to make it?

Thank you!

Labels (2)
8 Replies
juliensaintmaxent3113
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

hi,

it's not possbile, you can create two charts one with the top3 (uncomment show other) and the second with a function rank in the measure to show all without the top 3

Bye

santoshknc
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

Can you please recheck the properties and also if possible can you change the value of 'Others' to some other name and test it and then filter for only Top 3 and also make sure you disable 'Show Others' checkbox 

Thanks

Santosh.

Matt
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi, unfortunately the second part of your advice does not work. Disabling 'Show Others' caused showing only top 3 values.

santoshknc
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

I believe thats what you require right to show only the 3 values in the pie chart.

Thanks
Matt
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

All I wanted to show was the top 3 values (which I GOT),but when I click on Others I want to show all left values and not again top 3 (from the left)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create inline table  as like 

A:

load * inline [

Optionsfield

Top 3

Others

];

Write a condition in the measure that 

if(getfieldselection(Optionsfield)='Top 3',"sum(condtion where you can exclude others )",

if(getfieldselection(Optionsfield)='Others',"sum(condition where you can exclude top3 )"

))

Anonymous
Not applicable

Take optionsfield in a filter

Matt
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Condition is not working 😞