Qlik Community

Ask a Question

App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
Support Cases coming to Qlik Community Oct. 4! Start chats, open cases, explore resources: READ DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Penetration Analysis

Hello All,

You guys were able to help me with a similar question, but the approach doesn't seem to work in this instance.

I am working on a % share analysis for products.  I am trying to use my filter selection (Billing State/Province) to then only show the penetration of each product within that selected state.  Here is my current expression...

count(distinct {<Lost={'N'},TotalActiveEmployeesClient=-{'=Len(Trim(TotalActiveEmployeesClient))=0'}>}[ClientNumber])/

count(distinct {1<Lost={'N'},TotalActiveEmployeesClient=-{'=Len(Trim(TotalActiveEmployeesClient))=0'},[Billing State/Province] = p()>}[ClientNumber])

I might not need the p() clause?.?.  Would this utilize the 'getselectedfields' modifier?

Any help is appreciated.

TJ

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

What you have should work, unless there is more to the chart then we are seeing here. Alternatively, you can try this:

Count(distinct {<Lost={'N'},TotalActiveEmployeesClient=-{'=Len(Trim(TotalActiveEmployeesClient))=0'}>}[ClientNumber])/

Count(distinct {1<Lost={'N'},TotalActiveEmployeesClient=-{'=Len(Trim(TotalActiveEmployeesClient))=0'}, [Billing State/Province] = $::[Billing State/Province]>}[ClientNumber])

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sunny, the numerator and denominator are unfortunately returning the same values. 

Not applicable
Author

I actually figured it out...

count(distinct {<Lost={'N'},TotalActiveEmployeesClient=-{'=Len(Trim(TotalActiveEmployeesClient))=0'}>}[ClientNumber])/count(total distinct {$<Lost={'N'},TotalActiveEmployeesClient=-{'=Len(Trim(TotalActiveEmployeesClient))=0'}>}[ClientNumber])

I think it was I had a '1' identifier instead of  a '$' in the denominator.

Thanks again for your help.

TJ