Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tauceef9
Creator
Creator

Pivot Table filter issue

Hi All,

We have a pivot table with monthly trend starting from May-18.

Issue is when we select all the values from the filter and then deselect any month it is showing next month as deselected "white background" but in actual it is not deselected. I am attaching screenshot of the same. I have deselected May-18 from the list and it is showing "Jun-18" in white background which looks like June month is also deselected and when we try to select Jun-18 it deselects that month as well.

This is very confusing to the end users.

Has anyone else faced this issue or have any solution to it?

QlikSenseDesktop June 18 version

Regards,

Tauceef

pivotissue.jpg

14 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

when you select all values and then you deselect Jun-18, what happens ?

tauceef9
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Youssef,

It's showing Jul-18 (next month) in white background.

i.e. if we select any month it's next month is coming in white background except for the last month which is Sep-18 in this case.

Regards,

Tauceef

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

I don't understand..

let's take the example of selecting all the values and deselecting JUN-18, when you deselect JUN-18, only JUN-18 is in white on the listbox, right ? in this case, the next month of JUN-18 is JUL-18..so you mean JUL-18 is also deselected and comes in white ?

tauceef9
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Youssef,

You are right when I deselect JUN-18, JUL-18 also comes in white background and appears as if it is deselected as shown in the screenshot above where I deselected MAY-18 and JUN-18 is appearing in white background(but it actually is not deselected). So as a end user I will think that JUL-18 is also deselected and when I try to select JUL-18 then it gets deselected in actual.

I know it is sounding little confusing but I have tried as clear as much as I can .

Regards,

Tauceef

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Would you be able to share a QVF that shows the issue ?

tauceef9
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Youssef,

I would not be able to share the actual application but attached is the app with some sample data. Here also I am having the same issue.

Regards,

Tauceef

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

I've made some tests and it is working as expected for me.. only deselected values appears in white, only the values I deselect are removes from the table and appears in white

tauceef9
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Youssef,

Let me share the steps I am doing:

I am selecting all months using selection menu:

1.jpg

so I am getting all months selected:

2.jpg

after that when I deselect May-18, it gets removed from the list and Jun-18 appears in white background (as if it is also deselected):

3.jpg

Hope you are following the same steps.

Further to add, I am having June-18 version in my machine.

Regards,

Tauceef

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Now I see that... it is weird

but one solution would be to validate your selection (when you select all) before deselecting a value, like this it will work

Hi mto‌ hope you're doing well ? actually I'm curious to know if this issue a bug or something we're missing here ?

the operation is simple:

if we select all values (in month field) and deselect one value (before validating the first step), another value is deselected with the deselected value..

Op described the issue above using screen shots.

Thank you