Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vmoreno2605
Creator
Creator

Pivot Table with load inline variables

Hi everyone! I have the following issue:

I the following excel:

clipboard_image_0.png

I use the field 'Formula' in order to use it in this way on a qlik sense pivot table:

clipboard_image_2.png

I have used this in the same one using only one dimension and it works, the problem here is that when i try it using more than one dimension ir does not work as expected until i apply some selections

clipboard_image_4.png

When i apply selections (ignore the one that i tried to cover, that's from a different and independent table) it works!

Any idea why?

Thanks in advance!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
treysmithdev
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

The dollar sign expansion is happening before it gets executed. So what this means is, it doesn't have any dimensionality. So when you select one, it is filtered to one value. When you don't have one selected, there isn't a single value and it can't decide, resulting in NULL.

The only way I know of handling this is using a PickMatch expression.

Blog: WhereClause   Twitter: @treysmithdev

View solution in original post

1 Reply
treysmithdev
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

The dollar sign expansion is happening before it gets executed. So what this means is, it doesn't have any dimensionality. So when you select one, it is filtered to one value. When you don't have one selected, there isn't a single value and it can't decide, resulting in NULL.

The only way I know of handling this is using a PickMatch expression.

Blog: WhereClause   Twitter: @treysmithdev