cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaniCalifornia
Contributor III
Contributor III

Pivot data to use field value as column header

I have 3 columns in my data: Year, Member and Count. 

I want a table with year as the dimension and a column for each member with the count per year as my value. How do I do this? 

Essentially, I could have my measure be: if Member = MemberA, sum count for member. But that would be tedious and members change year over year, so I really need to dynamically create my columns. Any help with this would be much appreciated. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Hi, 
you can use a pivot table with year and members as dimensions, year as rows, and members as columns.
Then your expression will be simple: sum(count)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Hi, 
you can use a pivot table with year and members as dimensions, year as rows, and members as columns.
Then your expression will be simple: sum(count)

DaniCalifornia
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you. Maybe I was trying to use the Vizlib Pivot? It's nesting the member under the program year. I think I assumed the Qlik Pivot would do the same. But I just tried that and it worked exactly as I wanted with my members as column names!

Another question though, it doesn't download as that table. It downloads as a 3 column table with my 2 dimensions and the sum - as a straight table and not pivoted. Any ideas how to get it to retain the original structure on export?