Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vassilis4
Contributor
Contributor

Price volume analysis

Hello.
I am trying to make a price volume analysis, that is, compare current to previous year sales and see where the difference comes from.  I have prepared the formulas and seem to be working fine on SKU level (pivot table). But as soon as I change dimension, eg use Production line or Channel,  values are totally different. Total is correct though. I cannot understand why, has to do aggregation maybe? 
I would like to have the SKU analysis, keeping the figures unchanged, whatever dimension I choose. 

Thank you. 

Vassilis

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

HI @Vassilis4 

Might need to understand you data model a little more to be able to assist. Normally i would expect the SKU to be the lowest level of the data model, so i would have expected to be just a SUM. 

Vassilis4
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi.
Exactly. SKU is the lowest level. Each SKU belongs to a production line and is sold to various customers via different channels.  What else would you like to know? I compare current to previous year prices, volumes, I use average prices etc. 
if I could be able to have all dimensions included in SKU pivot table, without changing values, i think my problem  would be solved. 

Vassilis