Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shekkyBoi
Contributor
Contributor

Text box showing 0 while data is present

Hi, 

I have a client-based QlikView report which we are hosting. 

The report is built at the client's end and hosted by the company i work for. 

I am having a issue where the Client is able to see data inside a text object in their environment, but when I run a reload in my environment the text object just shows 0. 

I have tried turning the section access off and it didn't help. 

I have asked the client to send me the reloaded version from his environment and I am able to view the data without reload. 

Can anyone help me with this?

this is the express inside : =Count({<[CAC_InvoiceDate] = {"$(='>=' & Date(MonthStart(Date(Addmonths(Today(),-2)))) & '<=' & Date(MonthEnd(Date(Addmonths(Today(),-2)))))"}>} [CAC_InvoiceDate])

My environment after reload:

shekkyBoi_0-1663205442016.png

Client environment when they do the reload: 

shekkyBoi_1-1663205490441.png

The data is in the report, can verify as there is a table in the same report with the data as rows in a table.

Labels (4)
5 Replies
marcus_sommer

Maybe the invoice date isn't loaded as date else as a string - then the set analysis condition couldn't be resolved.

- Marcus

shekkyBoi
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @marcus_sommer , 

Thank you for reaching out. 

I did another test on the same field as =Count(CAC_InvoiceDate) and it populates the count. 

But when using the expression it doesn't work and shows 0. 

Do you think its a developer version issue?

marcus_sommer

If the pure counting of: Count(CAC_InvoiceDate) is working but not with your applied condition it means that the condition becomes never true. This might have various causes (and maybe more as one), for example: no relevant data are there, the comparison failed because of comparing numeric statements against a string or the syntax is wrong.

In your case you may start by doing a simplified check with something like:

Count({< CAC_InvoiceDate = {"<=$(=today())"}>} CAC_InvoiceDate)

What happens?

- Marcus

shekkyBoi
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @marcus_sommer , 

i get a 0 again when using that expression. 

=Count({< CAC_InvoiceDate = {"<=$(=today())"}>} CAC_InvoiceDate)

shekkyBoi_0-1663310063756.png

marcus_sommer

This indicates that your date isn't a date. You could check it within a table-chart with this date-field as dimension and num(YourDateField) as expression - if it's returned NULL it's not date. In this case you need to convert this field within the script, for example with something like:

date(date#(YourDateField, 'YourFormatPattern')) as YourDateField

- Marcus