Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nemo1
Creator II
Creator II

Problem in Data Load Editor

Hello fellows, 

I am trying to figure out a dashboard which was created by a former colleague. 

She coded everything in the dateneditor, but when I run it, it does not work.

I get the following message: 

Internal engine error

The following error occurred:
Field 'Marker manuelle Zuordnung Portfolio & Segment' not found

then when I delete all of these fields that are not too be found, even though are written in the script, I can finally run the app, but I go to the visualization and everthing is broken.

what is going on? how can i solve this?

thanks!
Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LRuCelver
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

The table having 49 fields while the source only has 43 isn't neccessarily a problem. It could just mean that some fields from the source are used more than once to create a field in the QS table.

It is important that the spelling of the field in the source is the same as in QS. "field", "Field" and maybe "Field " are not the same.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
LRuCelver
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Sound like your colleague used a Load * From [...]; to load all contents of a file, including the 'Marker manuelle Zuordnung Portfolio & Segment' field. I would assume that the reason the field cannot be found is because the source file was changed and the field either removed or renamed.

Check where the field is first mentioned in the script and try to figure out, where the data comes from and make sure the field is included and spelled correctly in the data.

Since you completely removed the field from the data model, all visualizations relying on it are broken.

Nemo1
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I go to the data where these field comes from but these field is not there to be found... 😞 

According to the data load editor there should be 49 fields, but instead the table from where the information comes from has only 43 fields. 

What I find funny, is that for the year before a dashboard just like this one was done, where also the data load editor shows 49 fields, but the original table has 43 fields.... but in this case, I can load the data with no problem and everything works fine.... a mistery

LRuCelver
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

The table having 49 fields while the source only has 43 isn't neccessarily a problem. It could just mean that some fields from the source are used more than once to create a field in the QS table.

It is important that the spelling of the field in the source is the same as in QS. "field", "Field" and maybe "Field " are not the same.

Nemo1
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I found the solution, thank you for your support!