Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nemo1
Creator II
Creator II

Problem with mapping and geo location

Hello everyone,

I am trying to add a map to my analysis. The problem is, that for the cities I only have the abbreviation, and the map is taking the wrongly. I tried in many ways to add an if column to match the abbreviations to the cities but for one reason or another, it is not taking me anywhere.

A mapping table was use which looks like: (is written in a mapping section)

Map_Company:
Mapping
   LOAD
   Client,
   Company
FROM [lib://daten/01 Food/Version_5/20200429.xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Company);

Then I have another section for the principal data, and the Company is loaded like this:

Data_022:
LOAD
      applymap ('Map_Company', Client) as Company,

"Company" ends up showing me the abbreviations for the cities, now what I want to do is to link this abbreviations to the respective cities. How can I do that?

thanks!!!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LRuCelver
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

More info regarding Qlik GeoAnalytics: Qlik GeoAnalytics Connector | Qlik GeoAnalytics Help

If you mapped the abbreviations to something the Qlik Sense map recognizes, you can display it on the map. You might have to manually adjust the scope to e.g. only look for cities.

Here is a quick example of me mapping the license plate codes for Hamburg, Bremen, Berlin, Munich and Stuttgart to their respective UN/LOCODE and showing them on a map. I didn't have to adjust the scope, but it may help with your application:

LRuCelver_0-1706619996529.png

Map_Plate_Locode:
Mapping Load * Inline [
	PlateAbb,	UNLOCODE
	HH,			DEHAM
	HB,			DEBRE
	B,			DEBER
	M,			DEMUC
	S,			DESTR
];

Data:
Load 
	ApplyMap('Map_Plate_Locode', Abbreviation) as Locode
Inline [
	Abbreviation
	HH
	HB
	B
	M
	S
];

View solution in original post

4 Replies
LRuCelver
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Just for clarification:

1. The field "Company" is supposed to show the abbreviations of the cities?
  2. You tried to display the cities on a map but they display in the wrong locations?
  3. You are trying to fix this by 'linking' the abbreviations to the full city names?

If you have access to the Qlik GeoAnalytics Connection, you can load a table with all recognized city codes/names and try to create a manual mapping from the abbreviations.
If you have a standardized abbreviation/code (e.g. UN/LOCODE) there is a high chance Qlik Sense will display the city correctly with just the code.

Nemo1
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello, thanks for your answer.

1- Yes, Company shows the abbreviations of the cities.

2- Exactly, they were showing random locations

3- Exactly, that was my plan. 

I did not know that something like GeoAnalytics Connection existed. Where can I get these access? 

thanks!

LRuCelver
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

More info regarding Qlik GeoAnalytics: Qlik GeoAnalytics Connector | Qlik GeoAnalytics Help

If you mapped the abbreviations to something the Qlik Sense map recognizes, you can display it on the map. You might have to manually adjust the scope to e.g. only look for cities.

Here is a quick example of me mapping the license plate codes for Hamburg, Bremen, Berlin, Munich and Stuttgart to their respective UN/LOCODE and showing them on a map. I didn't have to adjust the scope, but it may help with your application:

LRuCelver_0-1706619996529.png

Map_Plate_Locode:
Mapping Load * Inline [
	PlateAbb,	UNLOCODE
	HH,			DEHAM
	HB,			DEBRE
	B,			DEBER
	M,			DEMUC
	S,			DESTR
];

Data:
Load