Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gorterzelf7
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

QMC security rule access my own work to collegue

Hello all,

I always were able to see my collegues work and he was able to see mine, but since the last update i can't see it anymore, i tried to find the differences in the QMC through audit, but can't seem to find a different.

Anybody else had the same problem with the april update? Or has the golden tip what i could try?

With kind regards,

Martijn

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bd_branko_petric
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi, According to support knowledge this is working as designed. But there is a workaround.

Regards

Branko

Resolution

That is now considered working as designed.

If you wish to revert to the previous behavior, you need:

1. To be running Qlik Sense November 2018 Patch 4, February 2019 Patch 1 or April 2019 or later
  2. Open C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\ServiceDispatcher\services.conf (or the equivalent path if you chose a non-default install location)
  3. Search for [hub.parameters]
  4. In that section add  --enable-non-published-sharing
  5. Restart the Qlik Sense Service Dispatcher

NB:

• You will need to repeat this process every time you upgrade or patch Qlik Sense.
  • In Qlik Sense November 2018 patch 3, the behavior cannot be altered and never show unpublished Apps from other users.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
bd_branko_petric
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi, According to support knowledge this is working as designed. But there is a workaround.

Regards

Branko

Resolution

That is now considered working as designed.

If you wish to revert to the previous behavior, you need:

1. To be running Qlik Sense November 2018 Patch 4, February 2019 Patch 1 or April 2019 or later
  2. Open C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\ServiceDispatcher\services.conf (or the equivalent path if you chose a non-default install location)
  3. Search for [hub.parameters]
  4. In that section add  --enable-non-published-sharing
  5. Restart the Qlik Sense Service Dispatcher

NB:

• You will need to repeat this process every time you upgrade or patch Qlik Sense.
  • In Qlik Sense November 2018 patch 3, the behavior cannot be altered and never show unpublished Apps from other users.
gorterzelf7
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

My day has just begun, but you are already the hero of my day! I was exactly looking for this!

Many thanks!

gorterzelf7
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

@bd_branko_petric  is it possible to give only my co worker who is also content admin the rights?

Now is everybody able to see our work:-)

bd_branko_petric
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

you'll probably have to edit the security rules which allow the access to the apps and add something like:

!resource.Stream.Empty()

KR
Branko

gorterzelf7
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks @bd_branko_petric  i will test it when my customers are a sleep;-)