Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ccaporaso
Partner - Contributor III

QVD file stored in a shared space does is not updated to include a new field after Store - Qlik Cloud

Hi, 

I'm working with Qlik Cloud.

Today I decided to add a new field in a table (in my Qlik Sense script editor) and to store that table into a QVD. The QVD already existed, it just should be updated after the script reload.

The script run OK. The QVD file was shown as updated, but the new field didn't appear in the file.

After some tests, I deleted the QVD, run again my script and only then the QVD was generated OK, with the new field.

Did anyone experience a similar behaviour?

Regards,

Cecilia.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi,

As mentioned in the case, the behavior is expected and working as designed at this time. The data in the QVD is correct. The metadata stored in the catalog is not automatically updated. There is a refresh button that you can press to update it.

metadata update button (1).png

I hope this clarifies.

Vinay

If this resolves your query, please click on "Accept as Solution" for confirmation. Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

HI @ccaporaso 

I would have to see the script to advise if it is strange behavior or something else. If you can recreate might be worth logging with support?

ccaporaso
Author

Hi @Mark_Little 

Thanks for your reply! I'll try to recreate the problem with a simple script and let you know.

The real script is quite complex (It is a STG level app), but the last two sentences are Store and Drop. If I comment the Drop table sentence and review the fields in a Sheet, the new field is there. But the QVD is stored without the new field.

I'll be posting any news.

Regards,

Cecilia.

ccaporaso
Author

I Include a description of the problem with a very simple example. 

Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

HI @ccaporaso 

I would advise speaking to support on that as having a look through i can't see anything that jumps out as wrong or incorrect, so might be an issue.

@Bastien_Laugiero & @Sebastian_Linser 

Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi,

As mentioned in the case, the behavior is expected and working as designed at this time. The data in the QVD is correct. The metadata stored in the catalog is not automatically updated. There is a refresh button that you can press to update it.

metadata update button (1).png

I hope this clarifies.

Vinay

If this resolves your query, please click on "Accept as Solution" for confirmation. Thanks!