Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fernando_Sanchez
Partner - Contributor III

QVS Reload failed while trying to compress a file

HI all, 

I am struggling due to something pretty weird whilst reloading a document using QV Server.

I have a document that store a txt file in a certain path while reloading the script.

As the file size it´s quite big I therefore call winrar (or any other zip programm or even powershell compress) like this.

execute "C:\Program Files\WinRAR\WinRAR.exe" a -ep file.zip file.txt;

If I execute the script with the Desktop app it works perfectly (all security parameters are correct).

But If I launch the reload using the QlikView Server (via QMC), it simply fails (.

Events Log file does not show any relevant.

Session stop reason: Socket closed by client 445c0d17-0209-475c-ad4b-4bc6b6b0ac0b

Any idea?

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Fernando_Sanchez
Author

Solved! It had to do the almighty settings.ini.

Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikViewBatch and open the Settings.ini file. Locate the line AllowExecuteCommand and set the value to 1 as shown below: AllowExecuteCommand=1

Thanks!

View solution in original post

marcus_sommer

I'm not sure if I ever used direct statements within the EXECUTE in productive qmc-tasks (I had some testing but if they were running stable ? - more important for me was to centralize the multiple batch/tasks instead of using inline-statements) but calling batch-files or windows-tasks are working well, like:

EXECUTE cmd /C "D:\...\DataSynchronisationPlandaten.bat"; 

EXECUTE schtasks.exe /Run /TN "QlikView\ExportAndMail";

- Marcus

View solution in original post

5 Replies
marcus_sommer

There are a lot of possibilities, like the qmc user hasn't the proper access rights to the folder/file and/or the tool isn't installed and/or configured/licenced on the server and/or there are any messages (any updates available, are your sure ... each kind of popup querying an user-interaction will stop the task and it waits until any timeout break it) and/or the user isn't logged in (not all tools are running as a service or are able to access needed libraries) and/or the settings.ini from the distribution service didn't exists or have the right entries ... probably various more ...

In some cases it's helpful not to call the batch-file or the statement directly per EXECUTE else to call a windows-task with the right user with/without a needed logged user and with the highest priorities which triggers the job. 

- Marcus

Fernando_Sanchez
Author

Thanks a lot for the answer Marcus.

I am launching the script via Desktop within the same server and same user and no problems.

It just seems the QVS Task Reload cannot handle any line calling cmd.exe..., not just the compress call.

I have checked permissions and all that stuff and nothing seems to be wrong.

Pretty weird. 

Fernando_Sanchez
Author

Solved! It had to do the almighty settings.ini.

Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikViewBatch and open the Settings.ini file. Locate the line AllowExecuteCommand and set the value to 1 as shown below: AllowExecuteCommand=1

Thanks!

marcus_sommer

I'm not sure if I ever used direct statements within the EXECUTE in productive qmc-tasks (I had some testing but if they were running stable ? - more important for me was to centralize the multiple batch/tasks instead of using inline-statements) but calling batch-files or windows-tasks are working well, like:

EXECUTE cmd /C "D:\...\DataSynchronisationPlandaten.bat"; 

EXECUTE schtasks.exe /Run /TN "QlikView\ExportAndMail";

- Marcus

Fernando_Sanchez
Author

That was great Magnus.

After reading quite a lot of topics regarding QMC possibilities to handle macros, subs and functions, using windows task scheduler it´s the "best way".

Thanks!