Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dberkesacn
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Qlik Map Object's Radius fix & dynamic & overlapping

Hi All,

I would like to implement a feature in the Native Qlik map object (latest version) where I have multiple layers, for example dot layer #1 represents Hotels, dot layer #2 represents Household

Challenge:

1. I would like to implement a given radios for the dots (Hotels), like xy has 10KM which would represent Hotel influential area
  2. I would like to change the dot's radius based on filters e.g. 10KM to 26KM use case Hotel gives discounts
  3. I would like to know how many households are overlap with the Hotel influential area.

I used the dot layer size by feature but that one is not good for displaying radius, it is good for scenarios when I would like to understand which Hotel has the most visitors etc ... 

I assume I am not able to use only one long, lat coordinate pair per dot for Hotel radios but I have to generate somehow shape files (polygons  with multiple lang lots) to represents radios correctly, if yes how, and how it can be parameterized and to change it per frontend selection.

Thanks,

Dan

Labels (4)
2 Replies
Gui_Approbato
Creator III
Creator III

Hello Dan,

What if you combine a dot layer + heatmap? There is an option to use Meters in the heatmap.

Gui_Approbato_0-1616117086682.png

dberkesacn
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

That would solve the 1st point half since with this approach every dot (Hotel) would have the same radios but I would not be able to derive it from the data model like some hotels  might have 5 KM some hotels might have 10 KM of radius, or is it possible ? Also how can I change it dynamically through selections (data model) (2nd question) and how can I get the numbers of overlapped dots (3rd question) meaning per each Hotel radios how many households belongs ?