cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Darren1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Map - display multiple counties in multiple states on one map

In Qlik Map, is it possible to display multiple counties across multiple states on one map?

My table dataset has a column for State Name and a column for County Name. I want to only display 25 counties (20 in Maryland, 1 in Pennsylvania, 2 in Virginia, 2 in Delaware). There could potentially be overlap if a county has the same name in two states (example - Kent County Delaware and Kent County Maryland). I am using the Qlik Map widget > Area Layer option.

Currently I have it filtered to

Location Type = Auto

Country = USA

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pedrobergo
Employee
Employee

Hi @Darren1 

You need to tell Qlik which state each county belongs to. To do that, guessing you have a State field, just put it in Location Field at Location section, like that:

- Location Field: [County Name] & ', ' & [State]

If you don't have a state field, you can't solve this issue. You'll need to create a location field, creating a state field at Qlik script or using any other geocode field.

[],

Pedro

View solution in original post

2 Replies
pedrobergo
Employee
Employee

Hi @Darren1 

You need to tell Qlik which state each county belongs to. To do that, guessing you have a State field, just put it in Location Field at Location section, like that:

- Location Field: [County Name] & ', ' & [State]

If you don't have a state field, you can't solve this issue. You'll need to create a location field, creating a state field at Qlik script or using any other geocode field.

[],

Pedro

Darren1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for your solution. I needed to adjust my data slightly but it now displays the county polygons appropriately.