Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sazabi
Creator
Creator

Qlik Sense App Caching: How does it work?

Hello Qliksters,

I have an app on a single server with a single base page with many complex calculations completed on my screen.

However, when my colleague accesses that same application's base page, it still takes time to open the page/do the calculation. 

I see him get stuck on the "Opening the App" loading screen for at least 5 minutes before he is in.

In this case, shouldn't the calculations be done with all results cached, and access into the app be fast?  Are there other constraints to worry about? I have plenty of RAM, but CPU utilization is hovering around 90-100% due to other applications running on the same server. 

Regards,

S

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

I think with:

"... but CPU utilization is hovering around 90-100% due to other applications running on the same server."

you answered already your own question. If the server is busy further tasks will be queued from Qlik and/or the OS - so that even results which might be cached couldn't be returned and are waiting ...

Beside this due to possible section access the loading dataset might be quite different in regard to its size.

- Marcus