Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Son999
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Sense Desktop Authenticate Link Failed

Dear Friends,

Im currently facing an issue where my server administrator has shared us the authenticate link in order to log in Qlik Sense Desktop with the authentication link. But when i try to insert into my browser (Edge) it went to search engine (As picture below).

Son999_0-1681209842490.png

I have tried using Hyperlink in Email/ Microsoft Word and ran in command prompt in order to direct my internet to the URL but it turned out showing different error as below. 

Son999_1-1681209987009.png

The correct directory should be the pop-up when i paste my URL on my browser and direct me to connect my Qlik Sense Desktop. Really no clue on how to get this fix. 

Son999_2-1681210082306.png

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Benoit_C
Support
Support

Hello @Son999,

Are you sure  that Qlik Sense Desktop is installed on your computer and that it is same version than the Qlik Sense central node version?

The URL provided by your server administrator is meant to open Qlik Sense Desktop, so you need to have it installed and running in order for the link to work as intended.

Have you tried copying and pasting the URL directly into the address bar of your browser (Edge) ? Instead of clicking on it or using it in a hyperlink in email or Microsoft Word. This may help bypass any issues with the link not being recognized correctly.

Have you tried it with Google Chrome ?

You also can try check if the magic link is put in the Windows registry yes or no. It's here: Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\qliksense\shell\open\command

It also could be possible that Microsoft Edge may not recognize the qliksense link as a valid protocol by default. In that case you could try below solution:
https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Run-Microsoft-Edge-in-IE-mode-to-be-able-to-...

Regards,
Benoit

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Benoit_C
Support
Support

Hello @Son999,

Are you sure  that Qlik Sense Desktop is installed on your computer and that it is same version than the Qlik Sense central node version?

The URL provided by your server administrator is meant to open Qlik Sense Desktop, so you need to have it installed and running in order for the link to work as intended.

Have you tried copying and pasting the URL directly into the address bar of your browser (Edge) ? Instead of clicking on it or using it in a hyperlink in email or Microsoft Word. This may help bypass any issues with the link not being recognized correctly.

Have you tried it with Google Chrome ?

You also can try check if the magic link is put in the Windows registry yes or no. It's here: Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\qliksense\shell\open\command

It also could be possible that Microsoft Edge may not recognize the qliksense link as a valid protocol by default. In that case you could try below solution:
https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Run-Microsoft-Edge-in-IE-mode-to-be-able-to-...

Regards,
Benoit