Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IuliaM
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Sense Filter List Sorting

Hi All,

I am looking for a way to sort desending a date field in the filter pannel, somethign like document properties that we have in Qlik View where you can set how the field should be presented.

I tried with Dual() but that caused other issues, the date picker dashboard bundle object stopped working correctly and the min max also have issues because they try to show as date the 'sorting' column.

does anyone have other ideas on how we can force the date field to show descending oder (newest dates first) because like it is it's not very useful for the users to see data  for years ago that is only seldomly used.

Thanks a lot!

Iulia

Labels (4)
13 Replies
gmenoutis
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

I cannot think of a direct solution. What about making a copy of this field with the dual() values you found, and use the dual() version for filtering, and the normal for date range picker?

IuliaM
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

That would not work because the idea is that you use the calendar object to select a date and then once you have the filter applied you want to quickly go back and forth on the day faster than with the calendar object and you see the dates ordered descending. For now, I had to put the list box on the dashboard as well, next to the calendar but it's a shame, take up a lot of space

sri99999
Contributor II
Contributor II

QlikView has a great feature on the document level for some field settings which lacks in QlikSense. You should always check with Qlik product support team on this.

rodneybarrett
Contributor II
Contributor II

Did anyone ever find a solution to this request in Sense?   It is pretty annoying to have 2021 , 2001,2002,2003, , etc. in the filter drop down list.