cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik Sense: Unknown error when replacing published app

Hi Community,

I currently have an application which is published, which I have then duplicated, edited and am now replacing the published app.  However when trying to do this, I get an unknown error on the QMC (attached screenshot).  Which gives me no indication of the issue which is causing the task to fall over.

When looking in the logs of the activity repository (C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\Repository\Audit), I can see the app was replaced successfully, however the republish fails with the following error:

Command=Republish app;Result=18;ResultText=Error: EngineQix

Unknown error Parameters: REST connection failure (HTTP code: 400)

I have looked in the "Troubleshoot Qlik Sense using logs" document which is available, however I cannot find the same error for result=18 in the document.

I have read other threads which mention republishing apps with section access, and having the service account in the script; however this application has both section access and the service account included.

Any help with this issue would be very much appreciated, as at this point in time I cannot publish an update to an application.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
6 Replies
ichimiike
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Adrian,

Did you ever get a fix to this issue?  I'm having the same thing and it's getting REALLY annoying.

Cheers,

Mat

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mat,

Unfortunately not, I really do not know why it is happening.  It is only the one app out of multiple, however it is the largest in size.

I have been able to republish after a reboot of the server, although it is a little hit and miss.  Failing that, I have to delete the published app and publish a new version.  Just be sure you have a copy before deleting.

If you come across a solution, please let me know.

Cheers,

Adrian

ichimiike

No probs.. it sounds like we have exactly the same issue...

What version of Sense are you running?  We're on 3.1 SR1 at the moment (looking to get this to the latest soon(ish)... with a step or 2 along the way)... just wondering whether this will improve things.

Mat

edoscarabelli
Contributor
Contributor

Hallo Everybody,

please, have you solved this problem ?  I'm having the same but with Sense November 2018 SP2.

Thank you

Edo

FedeMastel
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi everybody,

Did any of you get a solution to this issue?. I'm getting the same errors when trying to publish over an existing app.

Thank you.

Fede