Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rkitamura
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik Sense trellis chart doesn't work Rangesum() in expression

Has anyone been able to make a trellis chart with RANGESUM() in the expression? 

My line chart master viz works fine normally but breaks when put into a trellis chart.  The trellis chart starts showing data when RANGESUM() is removed from the master viz's expression. 

Is this a bug or is there a trick to make this work?  I'm on Qlik Sense September 2019 13.42.1.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
alextimofeyev
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

I found a way to make rangesum work, you have to apply a simple hack: put a space between Rangesum and opening bracket, e.g.

Rangesum (Above(Sum(Amount),0,Count(TOTAL distinct Product))

View solution in original post

4 Replies
alextimofeyev
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

We've found a number of issues with the trellis chart (https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Integration/Problems-with-Trellis-extension/m-p/1646333), I'll check tomorrow if I can replicate your issue as well.

alextimofeyev
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

I found a way to make rangesum work, you have to apply a simple hack: put a space between Rangesum and opening bracket, e.g.

Rangesum (Above(Sum(Amount),0,Count(TOTAL distinct Product))

alextimofeyev
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

@rkitamura ,

have you had a chance to try the workaround that I suggested?

rkitamura
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yes, just returned to the office.  I did try that and it worked!  I don't want to even ask how you knew to try that.