Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmj3
Contributor II
Contributor II

QlikSense Desktop Resource Allocation

Hello,

I frequently work with large datasets in QlikSense. These data sets can take quite a while to load/manipulate/transform.

My PC is highly specced (128GB RAM, I9 11th gen) however, the desktop version of QlikSense appears to use very little of my ram ( less than 500MB max) or my processor. SAAS version of QlikSense is not an option as data is restricted to stay strictly on-prem.

Is there a throttle or setting that is limiting resource usage locally? Can anything be done to increase this and improve run times?

Thank you for any help in advance!

Labels (2)
1 Reply
marcus_sommer

If the RAM consumption is always lesser as 500 MB it means that it are rather small datasets and a processing of the data should not be take very long. Reasons for a slow script-execution may be:

• a slow network / storage --> a copy of data & application to a local ssd may provide a better performance
  • any security tool which may permanent scan all data --> disabling all within an offline scenario and with local data and application might prove or exclude it
  • a misconfiguration of your machine --> maybe Sense runs only on a single core and/or there are any RAM defragmentation/encryption or similar stuff active
  • bad designed load-scripts --> using outside-loops, aggregation-loads, interrecord-functions, nested if-loops and similar measures might be applied unsuitable