Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmj3
Contributor II
Contributor II

QlikSense Desktop Resource Allocation

Hello,

I frequently work with large datasets in QlikSense. These data sets can take quite a while to load/manipulate/transform.

My PC is highly specced (128GB RAM, I9 11th gen) however, the desktop version of QlikSense appears to use very little of my ram ( less than 500MB max) or my processor. SAAS version of QlikSense is not an option as data is restricted to stay strictly on-prem.

Is there a throttle or setting that is limiting resource usage locally? Can anything be done to increase this and improve run times?

Thank you for any help in advance!

Labels (2)
1 Reply
marcus_sommer

If the RAM consumption is always lesser as 500 MB it means that it are rather small datasets and a processing of the data should not be take very long. Reasons for a slow script-execution may be:

• a slow network / storage --> a copy of data & application to a local ssd may provide a better performance
  • any security tool which may permanent scan all data --> disabling all within an offline scenario and with local data and application might prove or exclude it
  • a misconfiguration of your machine --> maybe Sense runs only on a single core and/or there are any RAM defragmentation/encryption or similar stuff active
  • bad designed load-scripts --> using outside-loops, aggregation-loads, interrecord-functions, nested if-loops and similar measures might be applied unsuitable