Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dpmbrouwers
Contributor III
Contributor III

QlikSense Desktop - SVG Reader extension Visualization issues

Hi Everyone,

I could really use some help with the SVG Reader extension in QlikSense Desktop(latest version). I've installed the SVG Reader extension, but as soon as I  select this option the chart is marked in red and shows the (translated) text

" Visualization not found on the server. This extension is not available: SVG Reader."

I've installed the SVG Reader in the extensions folder (C:\Users\DBROUW\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\qlik\Sense\Extensions).

I've done a number of unsuccesful searches in the community, so I'd appreciate any help to clarify things for me. 

Labels (2)
5 Replies
juliensaintmaxent3113
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

hi,

i'm surprise by the path, my path is MyDocument/Qlik/Sense/Extensions

2018-12-11_14h08_42.png

Bye

dpmbrouwers
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for your reply! The "Extensions"-folder I have is a result of the standard Qlik Sense installation on my system. I have not been able to choose a specific fodler-destination on my system. As a result I installed the SVG reader in the created "Extensions"-folder. So, I have no idea at this point what to change to get things working.
juliensaintmaxent3113
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Save yours apps and Extensions

uninstall and then reinstall, I think it's the best choice

dpmbrouwers
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I've tried your suggestion, but the result is the same. However I noticed something odd: After re-installation I found that there are two folders that are called "Extensions":
1) C:\Users\DBROUW\Local Settings\Programs\Qlik\Sense\Client
where the "users\DBROUW\localsettings" can be ignored as it has to do with our centrally managed pc's.
2) H:\Qlik\Sense\Extensions
where the H:\ is a mapped network drive with all my personal files such as My Documents, My Images, etc.

I've tried unzipping the SVGReader in both, but without success. I'm still getting the message:
" Visualization not found on the server. This extension is not available: SVG Reader."

Sloboy
Contributor
Contributor

I had this same issue with QlickSense Desktop.  By editing one of the js files in the extension, rezipping and installing I solved the "visualization not found issue"

https://github.com/brianwmunz/svgReader-QlikSense/issues/43

Unfortunately, no graphics show up and I am stuck further along than you were.