Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bertrand01
Contributor III
Contributor III

QlikSense : Load with where condition in a variable doesn't work ?

I usually do this in QlikView :

LET vLoadQvdCondition=' WHERE monthname(acu.Mois) < monthname(addMonths(now(), -1))';

Load *

from Qvd  (qvd)

$(vLoadQvdCondition)

and it works fine.

But when I do this in QlikSense (april 2019), $(vLoadQvdCondition) appears in red and does nothing ???

5 Replies
Tim_Wensink
Partner - Contributor III

Hello Bertrand,

If I try this in Qlik Sense the variable containing the where clause shows up in red, but it is working. The first thing you have to do, however, is create a connection to the folder containing the qvd file. So that your from statement looks like this:

FROM [lib://QVDfolder/File.qvd]
(qvd)
$(vLoadQvdCondition);

The vLoadQvdCondition still shows up red, but in my case it works on loading. Could that be the solution?

Regards,

Tim Wensink

bertrand01
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes I have the connection and it works fine when write the where condition.

Also what surprise me is that I can write any variable like $(toto) that doesn't exits and the load doesn't detect any error.

Tim_Wensink

Hello Bertrand,

I agree that it's strange that you can use non-existing variables. If I use a variable that does exist, it does work in my case.

If you look at this example:

let vVar = 'where 1=0';

LOAD
FROM [lib://QVD/Test.qvd]
(qvd)
$(vVar);

if I run this, zero lines are read. If I use a non-existing variable, all lines are read. is your variable filled correctly?

Greetings, 

Tim Wensink

bertrand01
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Tim for your help,

Yes I've tried  'where 1=0'; and it works.

In fact my problem comes from escape characters :

let vVar =[ where Réseau='ABCD'];

doesn't work, all the data's Qvd are loaded, there's no selection as when I apply directly this condition on the Load Qvd.

bertrand01
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Finally  I have found where the problem come :

let vVar ='where Réseau=''ABCD''';

The final '''; also appears in red, it took me time to realise that this is correct..