Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suresh_qv50
Creator
Creator

Qliksense Security Rules for App and Sheet Level

Hi,

Am new to qliksense and am not aware of security rules in App level.

We have 2 Streams --->1. Af and 2.RD

both stream  have 4 Apps, 1 app needs to hide for all users except 1 user in  both streams.

Please give me idea on security rules, or suggest me any document which will describes the same functionality.

Thanks&Regards

suresh

28 Replies
rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Suhasini,

By Appuser Property you can provide access to app only, sheets are  app objects so you need to create new rule of app objects as I stated in point no 10.

Thanks,

Rohit

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Vemuru,

What you need to do, add two values in AppUser custom property and use first one value for both of the app and first set of users who can view both of the app and use second one for for second app only and second set of user so your second set of user will see second app only.

Thanks,

Rohit

suhasinigm
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Rohit,

Yes I need to Create one more rule for Sheet Level Access.

Thanks and Regards

Suhasini G Metri

Anonymous
Not applicable

This link would help you most probably

Please mark as correct if problem solved

Qlik Sense Stream Management Security Rules and Exception Management - YouTube

Vinothkumar
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Rohit,

I too have the same scenario.

I have many stream and many apps. In Stream 1 i have App1 and App2. I want to restrict the access for these apps using the AD groups

1. I created a Custom Property AppLevelMgmt for the resource Apps and assigned the values (AD Group1 & AD Group2)

2. Created a Sucurity Rule for the resource App_* and the condition is given below.

((user.group=resource.@AppLevelMgmt))

3. I disabled the default rule "Stream"

4. I created a new rule  instead of the default rule Stream for the resource filter App_* and the condition is given below.

(resource.resourcetype = "App" and resource.stream.HasPrivilege("read") and resource.@AppLevelMgmt.empty()) or ((resource.resourcetype = "App.Object" and resource.published ="true") and resource.app.stream.HasPrivilege("read"))

5. I assigned the custom property value AD Group1 to App1 and AD Group2 to App2

When i check the hub, apps are restricted but the sheets are not visible. The same is affecting other streams too. I mean in all the other applications too, sheets are not visible.

What am i missing here? Suggestion would be helpful.

Regards,

Vinoth

pstiglich
Contributor II
Contributor II

Is it possible to restrict access to a sheet to one user at a time?  I want multiple users to be able to access the sheet, but only 1 user at a point in time. 

Thank you,

Pete

tpignon
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Vinoth,

The new security rule which is replacing the default rule Stream (in point 4 of your message) need to be applied for the resource filter App* which includes rule resources Apps and app Objects (and not App_* that includes only Apps).

QSAppSecurity.PNG

Note that the default rule Stream is also applied for resource filter App* (and not App_*).

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Thomas

nate_ak
Contributor III
Contributor III

I know this a 2.5 year old comment, but just wanted to say thanks. This document you posted just saved me from 3 days of banging my head on my desk, trying to sort out my Security Rules. This worked like a charm!
krkkanth
Contributor
Contributor

This is blocking the default setting of stream and its impacting the other user