Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jay587
Creator
Creator

Question Regarding the select Query in Qlikview

Hello All,

I have a question regarding the query which I have received so that I need to make work it on Qlikview. I'm mentioning the sample query here ,please let me know if it works or not and will I get the correct data ?

----Connection String------

SQL SELECT

t1.order no,

t2.orderline,

t3.orderamount,

t4.ordersku,

t5.netsales,

t6.others

FROM    apps.tab1  t1,
apps.tab2  t2,

apps.tab3  t3,

apps.tab4  t4,

apps.tab5  t5,

apps.tab6  t6;

Please suggest me this kind of queries will work on qlikview or Is it required to join those tables ?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
1 Reply
marcus_sommer

Qlik doesn't execute a sql-statement else transferred it per driver to the data-base and received on this way back the results. Means everything what worked within the data-base and is supported by the used driver will return valid results within Qlik.

Beside this the shown snippet is a join even if it's not explicitly mentioned in the query. And if you pull all single-tables into Qlik you will need there also a join-approach to merge the fields from different tables. In general a join is in Qlik the same as in sql but all equally field-names are key-fields and no conditions could be added to these keys.