Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edwin
Master II
Master II

Refresh error using dynamic views wont go away

Hi,

im wondering if anyone has experienced the following with dynamic views.  

im working on a dynamic view setup and expanding the number of filters to check.  what i do is everyday, i would duplicate my template (or some refer to it as the detail app) to make sure i save my code.

at some point my dynamic view would crash - error message is "Refresh error - there was an error while refressing the visualization. pls try refressing again"

most of the time, i get this error bec there was a problem with the change i make to the SQL script - that would be easy to fix and im going again.

there is some weird scenario though that when im adding filters to check for, the same error would come up and even if i remove the last piece of code i put in, the error wont go away.  i would revert to my previous day's work and still the same error.  i would start reverting to an older code and the error stays.  up to the point ive stripped all my code and revert to the most basic code - practically similar to the one you can down load and still the error persists.  

what does solve my issue is i would create 2 new dashboards from scratch and start transferring my code.  sometimes i update my code up to the point where it was crashing previously and it works - untill i continue editing my code and get that refresh error.  now im back to scratch.  my worry is that once im in prod, and the error occurs, i may have to re-create everything and now the IDs would all change.

ive worked with ODAG and dynamic views before in a diff company but never experienced this so im not sure whats the root of it all.

thanks for any leads or suggestions.

edwin

Labels (2)
0 Replies