Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avl_dlimi
Contributor III
Contributor III

Repulish an app in hub

Hi

I know that it is possible to duplicate an app from a stream and republish it back to the original app.

But is there any way to publish and replace an app, that you are the owner of, in a stream? 

Is it a matter of setting up the right security rules or is it not possible at all?

Br

An

Labels (3)
4 Replies
AndrewHughes
Partner - Contributor III

When you go to republish you should be able to select a Stream for the application. If you can't, likely either you do not have security rights to the stream or the stream has not been created yet.

jochem_zw
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

This is not the way you should do it! However with the Security rules it is possible to edit your APP in a stream, the need to republish is not needed then. 

But you should duplicate you APP to your Work folder, make the changes, test the changes, and when ok, you can publish it again to the stream.

avl_dlimi
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@AndrewHughes That is not possible in the cases if I have an app that is not a duplicate of an existing app in a stream.

@jochem_zw I don't want to edit the app directly in the stream. I want to be able to just publish and replace one existing app in the hub just like you can in the QMC. ,Of course only if you have the right privileges like being the owner of the app in the stream.

AndrewHughes

This is not possible to my knowledge. The hub is purposed for users interacting with application UI and not for matters of publishing or updating applications. It is possible to create a macro within a Qlik applicaiton which leverages Powershell to trigger the application to reload on the server, but I'm not sure if the same manipulation could be done for publishing. Publishing is designed to be done in QMC not in the hub.