Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
William2
Contributor III
Contributor III

Roll up for BoM in straight table

Hello Community, 

I try to make a sum/multiplication Roll up for Quantities (numeric) over a with hierarchy created Path. 

my table looks like 

Path                                                 | Quantities           What I want to achive(TotalQuantites)

A                                                       | 1                               1

A;B                                                   | 2                               2  ( 1*2)

A;C                                                   | 5                               5  ( 1*5)

A;D                                                   | 1                               1 (1*1)

A;B;E                                               | 3                                6 ( 1*2*3)

A;B;F                                               | 5                                10 (1*2*5)

And so on with far more complex lists.  

I have already created the TotalQuantites field in script. But duo to new requirements I need to calculate it in UI. 

Maybe something like "if(left(Path, len(Path)-2) = above(Path),    RangeSum(Above(sum(Quantities)),0,rowno()))"

I guess I need a combination of RangeSum, above, wildmatch to compare current line Path with above(?) matching Path.

@hic 

got some nice explanation to handle BoM and create a TotalQty field in script but not in UI. 

Maybe you guys have some nice input for me. 

Thank you !

Labels (1)
1 Reply
William2
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@sunny_talwar Any suggestion ? Some of your posts goes in this direction