cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhelms
Creator
Creator

Rollup in Drilldown

I'm new to Qlik Sense but am trying to do something I have done in QlikView before but can't quite figure out in Qlik Sense. I want to create a simple table with a "Rollup" of a field. Basically, if you want to drill into the field you can, but if you want to drill out, you will see totals. Something like below. If you click on Total under City, it would drill into the cities allowing you to see them. I used to do this with Cyclic groups in QlikView but can't figure it out in Sense. Thanks for the help.

Rollup
Rollup.jpg

Drill Down

Drill Down.jpg

Labels (1)
2 Replies
saimahasan
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,
Can you please attach some example and elaborate your requirement lil more.
bhelms
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I don't have an example that I can attach due to not being able to get it to work and also due to it being company information that I cannot attach here, but I am almost trying to create two different charts within the same chart, with different dimensions. If the users select "total" in the city column, it will show the cities within, if they don't want to see City, but just want it rolled up to State, they can do that by unselecting and seeing it rolled up to State. I hope this helps. I used to do this in QlikView by creating a cyclic group for each column, with the first option in the cycle being a calculated text field "Total", and the second option in the cycle being the City field.