Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bruno_ml
Partner - Contributor III

SET Analysis with Last Year

Hello,

I have a expression with SET Analysis which I am not succeed to create.

My need is to have the Amount of sales of Real Customer (FICTIF_FLAG=0) who have buy last year minimum 2 type of products.

My Expression is here :

SUM(

{<

$(v_SET_Flag_FICTIF),$(v_SET_Y-1)

,[KEY_CUSTOMER]={'=count({<[FICTIF_FLAG]={0},[DATE]={'<=$(=Date(Addmonths(Max(DATE),-12),'DD/MM/YYYY')) >=$(=Date(Addmonths(Min(DATE),-12),'DD/MM/YYYY'))'},[DATE.autoCalendar.Date],[DATE.autoCalendar.Month],[DATE.autoCalendar.Quarter],[DATE.autoCalendar.Week],[DATE.autoCalendar.YearMonth],[DATE.autoCalendar.Year],[PRODUCT.AXIS]={'Make-up','Fragrances','Skincare'}>} distinct [PRODUCT.AXIS])>1'}

>} VALID_SALES/YTD_CHANGE_RATE)

Do you have an idea where is my fault ?

Kind regard,

Bruno

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Changed these things

Sum({<$(v_SET_Flag_FICTIF),$(v_SET_Y-1),

[KEY_CUSTOMER] = {"=Count({<[FICTIF_FLAG]={0}, [DATE] ={[<=$(=Date(Addmonths(Max(DATE),-12),'DD/MM/YYYY'))>=$(=Date(Addmonths(Min(DATE),-12),'DD/MM/YYYY'))]},[DATE.autoCalendar.Date], [DATE.autoCalendar.Month], [DATE.autoCalendar.Quarter], [DATE.autoCalendar.Week],[DATE.autoCalendar.YearMonth], [DATE.autoCalendar.Year], [PRODUCT.AXIS] = {'Make-up','Fragrances','Skincare'}>} DISTINCT [PRODUCT.AXIS]) > 1"}>}

VALID_SALES/YTD_CHANGE_RATE)

Basically, you cannot use single quotes within single quotes within single quotes without using Escape sequences‌. Alternate is to use double quotes and/or square brackets

View solution in original post

13 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

would be able to share something (image or sample data) which represent your data structure ? or maybe you're working on a test app with sample data that you would be comfortable sharing ?

bruno_ml
Author

TEST SET ANALYSIS.jpg

sunny_talwar

May be this

[KEY_CUSTOMER] = {"=Count({<[FICTIF_FLAG]={0}, [DATE] ={[<=$(=Date(Addmonths(Max(DATE),-12),'DD/MM/YYYY'))>=$(=Date(Addmonths(Min(DATE),-12),'DD/MM/YYYY'))]},[DATE.autoCalendar.Date], [DATE.autoCalendar.Month], [DATE.autoCalendar.Quarter], [DATE.autoCalendar.Week],[DATE.autoCalendar.YearMonth], [DATE.autoCalendar.Year], [PRODUCT.AXIS] = {'Make-up','Fragrances','Skincare'}>} DISTINCT [PRODUCT.AXIS]) > 1"}>}

bruno_ml
Author

Hi,

Yes sure, you can see here a Cross Table by Year and Customer with count({<[FICTIF_FLAG]={0},[PRODUCT.AXIS]={'Make-up','Fragrances','Skincare'}>} distinct [PRODUCT.AXIS]).

We can see for this KEY_CUSTOMER, he have buy 3 products in 2017 ans 3 products too in 2016.

in the Cross table above, I have the Cross Sell for y-1,the second expression is

count({<[FICTIF_FLAG]={0},[DATE]={'<=$(=Date(Addmonths(Max(DATE),-12),'DD/MM/YYYY')) >=$(=Date(Addmonths(Min(DATE),-12),'DD/MM/YYYY'))'},[DATE.autoCalendar.Date],[DATE.autoCalendar.Month],[DATE.autoCalendar.Quarter],[DATE.autoCalendar.Week],[DATE.autoCalendar.YearMonth],[DATE.autoCalendar.Year],[PRODUCT.AXIS]={'Make-up','Fragrances','Skincare'}>} distinct [PRODUCT.AXIS]) to know how many product type I have buy in Y-1 and after we have the same but for the current year.

bruno_ml
Author

Thanks it's better but it's not perfect

SET ANALYSIS Problem 2.jpg

I have a result but it's not the result for the LastYear (1492.8) but only 638.4.

For my experience, what is the difference which you have correct please ?

sunny_talwar

Changed these things

Basically, you cannot use single quotes within single quotes within single quotes without using Escape sequences‌. Alternate is to use double quotes and/or square brackets

sunny_talwar

What is v_SET_Flag_FICTIF and v_SET_Y-1? Can you share what the definition is?

bruno_ml
Author

Yes :

v_SET_Flag_FICTIF[FICTIF_FLAG]={0}
v_SET_Y-1[DATE]={"<=$(=Date(Addmonths(Max(DATE),-12),'$(v_SET_Format_Date)')) >=$(=Date(Addmonths(Min(DATE),-12),'$(v_SET_Format_Date)'))"}
  ,[DATE.autoCalendar.Date],[DATE.autoCalendar.Month],[DATE.autoCalendar.Quarter],
[DATE.autoCalendar.Week],[DATE.autoCalendar.YearMonth],[DATE.autoCalendar.Year]

You can find here the datas for this exemple

bruno_ml
Author

I have do my Test, it's because I use Min and Max of Date and for 2017 he have buy between 13/02/2017 and 02/12/2017 but in 2016 in the same period the amount is 638.4 only.

Thnaks a lot for your help !!