Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tschogren
Contributor II
Contributor II

SOLVED: County Area on Map - no DC?

I'm trying to color every county in the US, but no matter which way I try it, I've been unable to color DC. I've discovered that I have to have the state abbreviation then the county name to make them unique (PA-Erie & NY-Erie), but I am stuck on DC. Is it DC-DC? DC-District of Columbia? DC-D.C.??

There's also a few in WI that won't color when I have nothing selected, but once I click on the state, all the counties will fill in. No idea why. They're using the same format as the rest.

Labels (6)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tschogren
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I actually found the solution to my problem. When I went to Qlik Qonnections this year in Dallas, they said that you can use the GeoAnanlytics connector and the "Load" operation to get the list of every type of location data and what Qlik has decided the name should be. The county for the District of Columbia is actually listed as Washington county.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Ken_Thomas
Former Employee
Former Employee

@tschogren  DC is weird, because it is not a state, it is a federal district and falls outside the whole state/county pattern. In general this article may have some steps that can help you with the other items. https://support.qlik.com/articles/000065733
if you have access to a GeoAnalytics environment and have a license for it, using the connector like this can be very useful technique to solve issues where you cannot seem to figure out what values should be to match. 

tschogren
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I actually found the solution to my problem. When I went to Qlik Qonnections this year in Dallas, they said that you can use the GeoAnanlytics connector and the "Load" operation to get the list of every type of location data and what Qlik has decided the name should be. The county for the District of Columbia is actually listed as Washington county.