Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rodrigue_saade
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

SQL Server Native Client on Qlik Sense Server

Dears,

how can i get the connector "SQL Server Native Client 11.0" on Qlik Sense Server?? It is available on Qlik Sense Desktop version, but i need it in the QLik Sense Server version, how to get it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rodrigue_saade
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi all,

Thank you for your replies, but actually i solved it by installing the SQL Native Client driver on the server.

The installer was downloaded from Microsoft website.

Note that it is a part of the SQL Server installation, so if you install SQL Server on a PC, you will get the Native Client automatically.

Regards.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Install that OLEDB driver on the server machine where you installed Qlik Sense Server.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

as suggested gysbert. u can install where qliksense server is availble...may be windows it is not supporting server version i thnk..

Thanks

Suresh

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

If you install the ODBC Connector package v1.0 from Qlik , 'SQL Server' will show up in the connector list. This is in addition to ODBC/OLDEB options which are always available but require you to install said drivers and setup connections before hand

here are more details. install the package on the server where Sense is running

http://help.qlik.com/Connectors/en-us/connectors/#../Subsystems/ODBC_connector_help/Content/1.0/Inst...

Not every server environment wants to install qlik's connectors (some people want to manage the drivers independently) but the option is there. 

rodrigue_saade
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi all,

Thank you for your replies, but actually i solved it by installing the SQL Native Client driver on the server.

The installer was downloaded from Microsoft website.

Note that it is a part of the SQL Server installation, so if you install SQL Server on a PC, you will get the Native Client automatically.

Regards.