Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jan-ri
Contributor II
Contributor II

Save variable state in bookmark not working

As per https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Bookmarks/create-bookmar... we should be able to save values of variables in bookmarks but unfortunately this doesn't work. 

I created a simple app and added a variable input object to manipulate the value of the variable:

janthori_0-1686143082301.png

Next, I created a bookmark including the option 'Save variable state in bookmarks'. After manipulating the variable value and apply the bookmark I would assume that the value of the variable will change to the old value, when the bookmark was created, but the value always stays untouched. 

I am not sure if I understand the function correctly or if it is a different problem. I hope someone can help me. 

Regards
Jan

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jan-ri
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello all, after several months I came back to this... and 'solved' it.

Variables that are generated in script (these ones, marked with the script icon) won't get saved as variable state in bookmarks. However, variables that are generate in the UI through the variables dialog will be saved. Unfortunately this functionality isn't documented anywhere so it's a bit misleading. 

janthori_0-1701956745557.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

I don't know how Sense handles this matter but in QlikView you must also set an option within the variable-properties (within the document properties or within the input-box settings) to make the variable savable in a bookmark. Maybe this logic exists in Sense, too. 

Or
MVP
MVP

I had a quick play with this in Qlik Cloud and it seems to be working as expected - after saving a bookmark with the variable checkbox toggled on, the value kept reverting to the original when I applied the bookmark. Not sure what's going on if that's not the case elsewhere.

jan-ri
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

It's really strange... I double-checked it, but after setting the option to save the variable state, the information of the bookmark says 'Variable state: None' (even in a vanilla app)

janthori_0-1686838597577.png

jan-ri
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello all, after several months I came back to this... and 'solved' it.

Variables that are generated in script (these ones, marked with the script icon) won't get saved as variable state in bookmarks. However, variables that are generate in the UI through the variables dialog will be saved. Unfortunately this functionality isn't documented anywhere so it's a bit misleading. 

janthori_0-1701956745557.png