cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
liam_hanninen
Creator
Creator

Saving Data Model Viewer Layout between loads

I would like to use the data model viewer to review my data model. Unfortunately it seems that my design resets each time I reload. This makes this feature seem almost useless in this regard. Has anyone been able to preserve their design?

ui_DataModelViewer2.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

The Data Model Viewer should update every time you do a reload.  You can "Lock" the view using the small lock on the right of the screen and it will not update as your data model changes.

Are you looking to have some sort of version control ?

View solution in original post

20 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

The Data Model Viewer should update every time you do a reload.  You can "Lock" the view using the small lock on the right of the screen and it will not update as your data model changes.

Are you looking to have some sort of version control ?

liam_hanninen
Creator
Creator
Author

Version control would be a nice-to-have. But I wasn't even there yet. Your solution sounds like it would do the trick. I'll mark this as the correct answer later today after I try it out. This will be so helpful!

Marcoimp
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Sorry Lisa,

what if it doesn't work??

I take many minutes to fit tables and the whole view (many many tables). I close then reopen it (even not doing a reload) and all is the same than before... very frustrating... the same if I pass from Datamodel view to Page view.

Some help? Some log to read? (Some bug?)

Same in Nov2020 and Feb2021, but only in my server (on the customer one, it works perfectly).

Thank you.

M.Imperiale
abock
Contributor III
Contributor III

I am having the same issue with the Feb2021-2 version and before.

Marcoimp
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Please please please, give me a feedback if you find a solution.... I'm getting crazy!!!

M.Imperiale
abock
Contributor III
Contributor III

I will let you know. Have opened a support ticket this morning.

Marcoimp
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I also done this a month ago, they tell me it's normal, have to click on the locker button... 😫

M.Imperiale
abock
Contributor III
Contributor III

Some update in regards to this topic. I have received the below mentioned answer from the support team today. The issue is now filed under the Jira issue ID (QB-4205). Which means that this might be fixed with one of the coming patches or updates. 

"We checked the case together with the Team and I've been analyzing our internal resources. I found out that this behaviour has been also reported by other users and we filed it under the defect ID QB-4205, which I've also linked to this case. I left a comment for our R&D Team so they are aware that we are getting more tickets in relation to this problem."

abock
Contributor III
Contributor III

Another update from Qlik support on my ticket in regards to issue QB-4205 :
"I've got some good news from our R&D Team. This defect should be already fixed in Patch 4 of Qlik Sense February 2021 version."

Thanks to the Qlik support team.