Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
liam_hanninen
Creator
Creator

Saving Data Model Viewer Layout between loads

I would like to use the data model viewer to review my data model. Unfortunately it seems that my design resets each time I reload. This makes this feature seem almost useless in this regard. Has anyone been able to preserve their design?

ui_DataModelViewer2.png

20 Replies
Marcoimp
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

YEAAAA!!!! THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH!!!
Maybe your arguments was  better than mine (or probably your english!), I think I will ask you some help again in the future!!!

😂

M.Imperiale
abock
Contributor III
Contributor III

Yes I noticed that too. I went through the list of solved defects and didn't find it. Then I thought maybe they didn't mention but have fixed it. After patching ... no - problem is still there.

I have re-opened the ticket and will wait for the answer of the support team.

Marcoimp
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

...too much enthusiasm in advance... 😢

M.Imperiale
richardwilde
Contributor II
Contributor II

I guess the question then is, if you lock it, then add in new tables/changes etc in the data load, are these not going to show in the data model view? Or is it just locking the layout, not the content?

abock
Contributor III
Contributor III

@Marcoimp this time with a little bit less enthusiasm, let's be patient and wait for Patch 5 😉:

Answer from Qlik support:

Hello Alexander,

I just heard from our R&D department and I just wanted to update you on this.

A fix for this issue is part of February 2021 Patch 5 which is planned to be released in April 2021, a fix will also be included in the November 2020 patch, but there isn't a planned release date yet.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and if I may close this case.

Best regards
Qlik Support.

Marcoimp
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

The issue:

2021-03-12_14h42_28.gif

M.Imperiale
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

Patch 5 was meant to be released in April 2021.  Any feedback on this?

Thanks.

abock
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,
I just checked the release notes for May 2021 update. It seems that this issue has been tackled:

abock_0-1620805418626.png

Best Regards,
Alex

abock
Contributor III
Contributor III

I am happy to report that it is working properly in Version May 2021 Patch 0.