Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FlorianSchneider
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Section Access for Domain only

Hi everybody,

we are currently working on a QS App with Section Access, to which we are connecting via a virtual proxy using a JWT Token. In this VP, we set the group property of the user to one JWT field, which is not the field holding the user domain, since we already have Section Access in another app that we need to connect to with the same VP using this specific field.

In this first app, we now want to apply Section Access based on the user domain. Is there any way to achieve something like this? In my first experiments, it looks like the wildcard * for the userid only works in total, i.e. you have the following options:

Table:
LOAD * Inline [
A, B
0, 1
1, 2
];

SECTION Access;
Load * INLINE [
    ACCESS,USERID,GROUP, A
    USER,MYDOMAIN\USER1,*,1
];

// Using Group
// Load * INLINE [
//     ACCESS,USERID,GROUP, A
//     USER,*,GROUP_BELONGING_TO_MYDOMAIN, 1
// ];
Section Application;

However, I would like to write something of the form 

SECTION Access;
Load * INLINE [
    ACCESS,USERID,GROUP, A
    USER,MYDOMAIN\*,*,1
];

SECTION Application;

because (as mentioned above), I don't have the domain information in the user group. Is there any way to achieve this without enumerating all possible users with their domain (which is a bit nasty as we don't know all users beforehand, since they connect externally using the JWT token) or using a second virtual proxy that maps the domain to group?

Thanks in advance

Florian

Labels (3)
0 Replies