cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ishaan_Kumar
Contributor III
Contributor III

Section Access

I am migrating an application from Qlik View to Qlik Sense . I have commented the part of Section Access and Section Application in Editor. I have even unchecked the box in     "Settings-> Document Properties->Opening-> Initial Data Reduction based on Section Access".  When I am trying to migrate it in Qlik Sense with Dev Hub , It throws the following error : - """"QlikView Documents using Section Access is not supported.""""

How to resolve this issue?

Labels (1)
6 Replies
Adam_Romanowski
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Did you uncheck "Strict exclusion" and "Prohibit Binary load" checkboxes? If no, then try to uncheck and make migration.

Ishaan_Kumar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes, they were already unchecked!!

steeefan
Luminary
Luminary

Have you tried reloading the app after you made the changes in the settings? If that doesn't help, try commenting the Section Access code, reload the app, migrate to QS, and re-activate the Section Access code.

Ishaan_Kumar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes , I used the same procedure. The application does not migrate and shows error.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

@Ishaan_Kumar After I read comments from other colleagues, @steeefan Suggested already to reload an application without section access before migrate. Since you done already.

My best guess, this is not blocking from QVW. So i would suggest.

- Delete the script that is related to section access 

- keep somewhere to reuse in Qlik sense

- Reload the application once

- Check in Qlik view if that is prompting to section access or not

- Check if migration works? 

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Ishaan_Kumar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I even tried the above approach .

However, in the my final layer application of QlikView, there were 4 more sections. I even commented them so that at least I can migrate my application for once, but it was no good.