Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theboss-123
Creator II
Creator II

Select Orders Not recievied

Hello i have a qlikview dashbord which include both order and reciept information,there are some orders which have not been recievied how i can select just order without reciepts in the example below htere 14 orders and 7 Reciepts i want to select just 7 orders not yet recievied

theboss123_0-1652367423280.png

Labels (1)
7 Replies
edwin
Master II
Master II

there has to be some relationship between orders and receipts.  you may have to add sample data for anyone to help

theboss-123
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi tes there is relationship between orders and receipt

theboss-123
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes there is a relationship between the two table and it will useful to find a solution on the interface associated without touching script because it will be on the server qlikview

edwin
Master II
Master II

im sure theres a lot of ways to do this.  since there is an association between order and receipt, you can 

1. simply count the receipts, if 0 - there you have it

2. or use the e function (exclude any orders with receipts).  to explain, first the p function
take for example OredrID, ReceiptID, and Volume.
if you have a table with OrderID as dim, sum(Volume) gives you the volume per order

sum({<OrderID=p({<ReceiptID={*}>}OrderID)>}Volume) means sum the volume for orders where there is a receipt.  now the converse is

sum({<OrderID=e({<ReceiptID={*}>}OrderID)>}Volume)  means sum the volume for orders excluding orders where there is a receipt:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Dev/P-E/td-p/596796

theboss-123
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi again Edwin thanks for your time 

01 I did the count but I didn't understand your first suggestion 

02 regarding the second d suggestion I have order ID and receipt ID what did you mean by volume in my case I have quantity field and amount field 

edwin
Master II
Master II

because you didnt provide any info i was just guessing.  i didnt mean that you use exactly my expression as i have no idea what youre fields are or what your expression is. 

for my first suggestion, try to test the count of receipt ids in an if statement, if > 0 then return whatever your expression is.  this will result in only those orders with no receipts.

for the 2nd suggestion, just add the set analysis phare in your expression.

maybe you can share the actual expression you are using

theboss-123
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks Edwan I will try to work through the if statement if (count(receipt) <0 so that must display only order without receipts 

May I try this syntax on texts box or table ?