Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lucas3
Contributor III
Contributor III

Select values matching criteria with a button

Hi,

I have a field named ' Account ' that contains values of the following shape: "xxxxxxxx - Account name": 8 digits followed by the name of the account.

By clicking on the button, I would like to select only the accounts for which the digits pattern is as such: 451xxx10 or 451xxx20 and then whatever the name is

How to achieve that ? Plus, do you have a document that explains expressions to type inside a button ( *, ^, ?, |, &, etc...)

Thank you

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

It probably needs to be e.g. ='451???10*'

View solution in original post

Or
MVP
MVP

I am not aware of any way to do this directly. You may be able to achieve the same result by using an action to select the undesirable values, and then a second action to selected the alternative (or excluded) values.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

lucas3
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for your reply and for the document, that is exactly what I was looking for

I tried your answer already but it did not work... I entered it as in the picture, is that wrong ?

Or
MVP
MVP

It probably needs to be e.g. ='451???10*'

lucas3
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I selected the wrong "action", I picked "Select values in a field" instead of "Select values matching search criteria". It works perfectly well, thanks

I have another question though, how now if I want to select all Accounts except the ones that start with a 45 (eg 45*) and except the ones that contain a 3 in 2nd position and a 7 in 5th position (eg ?3????7?). What formula should I type ?

Thank you very much

Or
MVP
MVP

I am not aware of any way to do this directly. You may be able to achieve the same result by using an action to select the undesirable values, and then a second action to selected the alternative (or excluded) values.