cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Luca1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Select values matching search criteria with set expressions

I have read a post about the correct usage of the "Select values matching search criteria" action for buttons.
https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/Qlik-Sense-action-button-for-selecting-multiple-valu... 

According to that post the correct Syntax to filter the values is " ='(customer1|customer2)'. However, I want to filter based on a set expression that only select customers whose order number is > 10. 
Something like 
{<Count([DISTINCT OrderID])={">=10"}>} Customer

This doesn't work - maybe because the set expression is incorrect or maybe because the button action can't handle the output format.

Thanks for your support!

7 Replies
vikasmahajan

Try this:

Aggr(Rank(Count([DISTINCT OrderID]),4),Customer)>=10,Cutomer)

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Luca1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for your suggestion! If I use this expression, the expression editor complains about the expression with the error message from the screenshot below. I think there may be some mismatching bracket. 

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 13.57.04.png

vikasmahajan

Aggr(Rank(Count([DISTINCT OrderID],4),Customer)>=10,Cutomer)

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
Luca1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hey, unfortunately your solution didn't work in my case. However, I have found a workaround to achieve my goal without using a button filter. Still, I would be interested in why this approach doesn't work. Potentially, there is no match found because the expression is not 100% accurate. 

vikasmahajan

Sorry Let me check at my end  will get back you tomorrow.

Vikas

amantyagi1492
Contributor II
Contributor II

I think here the thing you are trying to achieve should be done through "Select values matching search criteria". The other option you used does not work with the set expressions 

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Try the search string like:

'=Count(DISTINCT OrderID)>=10'